Daniel Andrews says 37,588 tests were conducted in Victoria yesterday. Follow live news and updates
- Victoria records highest national daily Covid-19 total since pandemic began
- Scott Morrison speaks after national cabinet
- Eight Melbourne public housing towers released to stage three restrictions
- Follow our global live blog
- Download the Guardian app to get the most important news notifications
The NSW health minister, Brad Hazzard, and chief health officer, Dr Kerry Chant, will give a press conference at 3.15pm.
Andrews ends the press conference with a plea for everyone to remain at home unless they have to leave for essential reasons.
This is not a normal weekend. It really isn’t. I just appeal to everybody to play their part.